Monday, July 13, 2009

Smily asks Mahesh Bhatt- “What is so special about the other female actors?”



If you think that it is a cake-walk for star kids to enter the cut-throat competitive world of Bollywood films, you are absolutely right.

However, Bhatt camp is not the place which encourages free-rides to star kids. Not the one to compromise on talent even for a star kid’s career, the Bhatt camp sticks to the route of auditioning for their actors.

No one had it easy in the Bhatt camp, not even the Kalyug girl, Smily Suri; who is director Mohit Suri’s sister and Emraan Hashmi’s cousin.

“I have had my share of struggle period before I could step into the shoes of an actor. Like any other struggling actor, I had to get acquainted with each and every aspect of filmmaking,” Smily recalls.

Talking about how a small yet important role Renuka (Kalyug) fell in her kitty, she recalls an interesting story, “Being an intern in the Bhatt camp, I would go through almost all the scripts and would wonder what is so special about the other female actors who were chosen for the role and why not me?”

She goes on to add, “However, when I came across the script of Kalyug, Renuka’s character appealed me a lot. And I expressed my desire to Bhatt sahib to be a part of the film. Bhatt sahib was very blunt in his reply, saying one can’t be an actor just because one wants to be an actor. And he asked me to come for the audition next day at 7 P.M.”

She continues, “I was so happy, yet nervous that I forgot to bring the rickshaw fare and Bhatt sahib gave me a good piece of mind on that. But once I auditioned, Bhatt sahib recommended me to my brother Mohit for the role of Renuka.”

After listening to this, all we can say is ‘All’s well that ends well’