Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Sonam, Sridevi to walk but Mrs SRK will be sitting it out

Sonam, Sridevi to walk but Mrs SRK will be sitting it outMrs SRK will be the only girl from jewellery designer Maheep Kapoor's gang to not walk for her
PS: Sonam and Sridevi will; along with other filmi celebrities


Jewellery designer Maheep Sanjay Kapoor is no longer attached to any brand. She is all set to launch her brand Maheep Kapoor Jewellery and will showcase her designs at the HDIL Couture week on October 6.

She wants the show to be unique. Twenty of her close friends and family will walk the ramp wearing her designs. However, her BFF Gauri Khan isn't on the list.

Wishlist
Some of the 'girls' on Kapoor's wishlist are: Mehr Arjun Rampal, Seema Sohail Khan, Bhavna Chunky Pandey and Farah Khan.

It is learnt that Gauri expressed reservations about walking for her though she modelled for Kapoor's print campaign years ago. Over the years, the star biwi, has become very selective about what brand she attaches her name to.

Still haven't asked
However, Maheep says she still hasn't asked Mrs SRK to sashay down the ramp in her designs.

"Even if Gauri doesn't walk the ramp, she will be there in the audience as my friend to give me moral support. There are also several question marks on some of the people who I have asked.

I will be in a better position to answer closer to the date. Mehr and Bhavna have agreed. Seema (Khan) is designing the outfits for the 'models'. I have also asked her to walk she's saying she's busy with designing. I will have to convince her."

She adds, "I'm excited about the show and finally branching out on my own. It's difficult working under someone as creative differences are bound to occur. Now I am my own boss. I am going all out for the show as I will be establishing my own brand."

About Maheep's designs
There will be 22 pieces. Each model will showcase one piece of jewellery.
* There will be no models. But only Maheep's friends walking as, "I want things to look different and exciting. And I know what will look good on my friends, " says the designer.
* Each piece will be a classic piece that can be passed down from one generation to another.
* Every girl walking the ramp will have her own individualistic look.

Fact: Last year, Gauri walked the ramp for Karan Johar's collection at the HDIL Couture Week

Ghar ki murgi?
Maheep's niece Sonam Kapoor and her sister-in-law Sridevi (who walked for her rival Queenie Dhody last year) will be the Star Attractions. Says Maheep, "I will ask them as well. Sonam is in Canada shooting presently and Sridevi is in the US."

Courtesy: Mid-Day.com